Whirlpool Slovakia wins the National CSR Award
Miriam Fabianová and Milan Almasy, both of Whirlpool Slovakia, received Volunteers of the Year 2017 award at the tenth annual National CSR Award event “Heart in Hands”. The award was given by Andrej Kiska, President of the Slovak Republic, under the auspices of Miroslav Lajcak, President of the United Nations General Assembly, during the National CSR Award “Heart in Hands” ceremony held on May 30, 2018 in Bratislava, Slovakia.
“We are very honored to receive this award, and are especially proud of Miriam and Milan and all our employees in Poprad who work to make a difference in their communities each and every day,” said Michal Major, Poprad Site Leader.
Among a number of nationwide participants, Miriam and Milan were recognized for their volunteer work and community service representing Whirlpool Slovakia and its factory in Poprad.
Both Miriam and Milan make part of a community of over 100 volunteers in Whirlpool’s factory in Poprad, ready to give support and help at any time. They are constantly contributing to the company’s long-term invisible pillar to foster corporate social responsibility and benefit their community and the planet. The volunteers from Poprad are also inspiring others that would like to help and support those in need.
“Our people have always been our greatest asset being the key enabler for the factory’s achievements, this award recognizes also their strong contribution to the community” commented Nicola de Guida, General Manager East Manufacturing, Whirlpool EMEA.
Whirlpool’s factory in Poprad showed its strong CSR roots based on Whirlpool Corporation’s enduring values. Respect, integrity, diversity & inclusion, teamwork, and spirit of winning are the core values of Whirlpool Corporation with its true endorsement by Whirlpool Slovakia. Poprad’s contribution to the EMEA Social Responsibility strategy has already brought various best practices and projects within the region, such as Moments not to be Wasted project and Habitat for Humanity’s program.
Here are some of the successful CSR activities led by Miriam and Milan:
- Cleaning of the national parks and ZOOs
- Habitat for Humanity in Hungary and in Poland
- Serving and helping to the retired Whirlpool employees
- Renovating of orphanage houses and shelters for the endangered mothers
- Charity fair trades within Whirlpool Slovakia, Poprad for the selected NGOs
- Collection of clothes for the homeless communities and abandoned children
- Skiing and summer camp for the children of employees of Whirlpool Slovakia
- Christmas tree full of wishes for the selected NGOs and their children in a social need
- Charity sport activities: running, spinning, football, and ice-hockey
- CSR lectures at High Schools and Universities in Slovakia
- Whirlpool Slovakia, Poprad as a leading member of Business Leaders Forum (Leading nationwide CSR platform) and its executive advisor from Whirlpool Slovakia, Poprad, Jaroslav Grygar, Senior HR Manager