SAN FRANCISCO–In 2018, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) customers saved more than $300 millionon their energy bills by participating in energy efficiency programs. PG&E’s energy efficiency programs are tailored to the specific needs of residential, agricultural, industrial and business customers to eliminate unnecessary energy use, reduce carbon footprint and save money. These programs provide:
- Discount programs to help low income customers pay their bills.
- Rebates for adopting smart thermostat technology.
- Increased new construction incentives for customers rebuilding homes lost in wildfires.
- Financing to allow business customers to complete larger retrofit projects.
- Incentives for business customers to replace outdated, energy inefficient equipment with newer technologies.
“PG&E offers more than 100 energy efficiency programs to support the diverse needs of our 16 million people across our 70,000 square-mile service area. We continue to focus on helping customers save energy and money as well as position the state to meet its ambitious carbon reduction goals,” said Vincent Davis, PG&E’s Senior Director of Customer Energy Solutions.
Last year, PG&E’s energy efficiency programs resulted in savings of 1,288 net annual gigawatt-hours (GWh). That equates to enough electricity to power 109,066 homes for one year. These savings also reduced California’s greenhouse gas emissions by avoiding the production of more than 300,000 tons of carbon dioxide, a number equal to the emissions generated from driving an average passenger vehicle 767 million miles.
PG&E programs can help customers make smart energy choices. If you are ready to get started, here are four things that you can do today to take control of your energy use.
- Sign up for an online account. Set up an account to get access to helpful management tools, review energy use and costs, pay bills, compare rates plans and more.Sign up for a free account at www.pge.com.
- Take a free Home Energy Checkup. Find out how much of your household’s energy goes to heating, hot water, appliances and lighting in 5 minutes. PG&E’s Home Energy Checkup is a simple web-based tool that provides a personalized list of ways to reduce energy and lower your bill. Take a checkup today at www.pge.com/myenergyuse.
- Find your best rate plan. We have many different rate plans to suit a variety of home energy needs based on things like how much energy you use, when you use energy and whether you have an electric vehicle. Run a personalized electric rate plan comparison to make sure you are on the best rate plan for you at pge.com/ratechoices.
- Set a Bill Forecast Alert. Bill Forecast Alert is a free and easy tool to help better manage monthly energy bills. Get notified by text, phone or email if your monthly bill is projected to exceed the amount you specify. Set your Bill Forecast Alert today at pge.com/energyalerts
For more tips on how to save energy, visit www.pge.com/everydaytips.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with more than 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation’s cleanest energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit pge.com and pge.com/news.
Courtesy of -(BUSINESS WIRE)-