NRF to Recognize Outstanding Loss Prevention Professionals
WASHINGTON – The National Retail Federation today announced the recipients of the 2023 NRF PROTECT Awards, the highest loss prevention and asset protection recognitions in the retail industry. Six veteran loss prevention professionals will be honored on June 6 during the annual NRF PROTECT conference in Grapevine, Texas.
“The NRF PROTECT Awards honor individuals who have dedicated their professional careers to keeping their colleagues, customers and stores safe,” NRF Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of Content and Retail Strategy Martine Reardon said. “Loss prevention and asset protection operations are paramount to the safety of retailers, customers and communities nationwide, and we are proud to celebrate this year’s honorees for the positive impact they have made.”
NRF’s Loss Prevention Ring of Excellence Award honors distinguished professionals who have impacted the loss prevention industry throughout their careers. The 2023 recipients are:
- Read Hayes, a research scientist and co-director of the Loss Prevention Research Team at the University of Florida, and founder and director of the Loss Prevention Research Council. With more than three decades of experience, he plays a pivotal role in supporting the retail community with research.
- Joan Manson, a leader in the loss prevention space for over 40 years. Manson first joined The Container Store in 1997 and created the retailer’s first loss prevention program. Now retired, she is also credited with establishing what is now known as the Women in LP Network.
- Chad McIntosh, the former top loss prevention executive at Bloomingdale’s. McIntosh has a career spanning 40 years with brands including The Home Depot and Ralph Lauren. He was also a founding member of the Loss Prevention Research Council and currently serves as its COO.
- Chuck Miller, who retired from the Food Marketing Institute in 2002. Miller will be awarded posthumously for his pioneering work to combat retail theft and his career as a renowned loss prevention expert. Many of Miller’s published works produced influential educational and training materials for retailers, law enforcement and academia.
- Keith White, who currently serves as the chief of global safety and security for Salesforce. He previously spent almost two decades with Gap Inc. leading its loss prevention, company administration and emergency preparedness functions. Throughout his career, White has been a champion and leader in people development, diversity and talent-driven initiatives across the industry.
Additionally, the inaugural NRF Retail Cybersecurity Leadership Award will be presented to Cy Fenton, the former chair of the NRF IT Security Council. Currently a managing partner with Proximus Consulting Group, Fenton previously held leadership roles with Books-A-Million and Ralph Lauren. His cumulative professional contributions have advanced the state of cybersecurity within the retail industry at an especially critical time.
As the leading authority and voice for the retail industry, NRF will present the awards with retail security executives from across the country at NRF PROTECT, the retail industry’s premier loss prevention and asset protection event, June 5-7 at the Gaylord Texan Resort.
Media interested in covering NRF PROTECT can contact NRF’s media team at email@example.com. Press requirements are available here.
The National Retail Federation passionately advocates for the people, brands, policies and ideas that help retail succeed. From its headquarters in Washington, D.C., NRF empowers the industry that powers the economy. Retail is the nation’s largest private-sector employer, contributing $3.9 trillion to annual GDP and supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 52 million working Americans. For over a century, NRF has been a voice for every retailer and every retail job, educating, inspiring and communicating the powerful impact retail has on local communities and global economies. NRF.com
Republished from the National Retail Federation’s corporate news webpage