CHICAGO (March 6, 2022)—Thirteen housewares suppliers ranging from well-established brands to first-time exhibitors were honored as Global Honorees of the IHA Global Innovation Awards (gia) for Excellence in Product Design today. The Global Honorees in each of 13 categories were announced during the invitation-only gia dinner on the first evening of The Inspired Home Show 2022, now taking place through Monday, March 7 at McCormick Place here. This is the first in-person gathering of the industry’s premier marketplace since 2019.
Global Honorees are:
- Bath + Personal Care: madesmart, Drying Stone™ Toothbrush Tray
- Cleaning: Zoom Broom, ZoomBroom Tornado
- Cook + Bakeware: Grand Fusion Housewares, Inc., Leakproof Silicone Non-Stick Baking Mat
- Home Décor + Gifts: Wine Grasp Company, wineGrasp™ Single
- Home Organization + Storage: Bous, KING JIM, “TEPRA” Lite Compact, Palm-sized Label Printer
- Household + Home Electrics: THE FOUNDATION, Steamery Cirrus No. 3
- Kitchen Electrics: Jura Inc., JURA Z10
- Kitchen Hand Tools + Cutlery: Dreamfarm , Brizzle – scoop drizzle basting brush
- Kitchenware: Dreamfarm, Spina – spin and strain colander
- Personal Electrics: Viatek Consumer Products Group, Int’l, Body Dryer
- Smart Home: Cooking Pal Ltd., Multo™
- Sustainable Products: Georg Jensen, Sky Drinking Bottle
- Tabletop: Gourmet Kitchen Works LLC, Olipac FILARE
“Congratulations to these Global Honorees of the 2022 IHA Global Innovation Awards for Excellence in Product Design; they represent the cutting-edge innovation and creativity that is driving the housewares industry today,” said Derek Miller, IHA president & CEO. “Our world-renowned gia program is the premier awards event in the industry, honoring excellence in both housewares retail and product design.”
The 65 finalists in all categories are featured in the New Product Showcases in the Buyers Club in each Show building and the 13 category Global Honorees are on display in the Hall of Product Innovation in the Grand Concourse Lobby in the North Building.
The Inspired Home Show, IHA’s global home + housewares marketplace, is being held March 5-7 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Complex and features exhibitors and buyer attendees from around the globe. For more information about the 2022 Show and to register for a Show badge, please visit TheInspiredHomeShow.com. Information on what precautions are being taken to ensure the health and safety of the industry is available on our Covid Readiness webpage
To view the list of finalists for the IHA Global Innovation Awards for product design, please go to TheInspiredHomeShow.com/awards/gia-product/
For more information about exhibitors and the Show, please visit TheInspiredHomeShow.com
The International Housewares Association is the 84-year-old voice of the housewares industry. The not-for-profit, full-service association sponsors the world’s premier exposition of products for the home, The Inspired Home Show, IHA’s Global Home + Housewares Market (TheInspiredHomeShow.com), and offers its 1,400 member companies a wide range of services, including industry and government advocacy; export assistance; industry and consumer trends through the IHA Market Watch Report; executive management peer groups; a B2B community at Housewares.org; group buying discounts on business solutions services; direct-to-consumer engagement through TheInspiredHome.com; and an independent news and information platform through HomePageNews.com.